Lost Again

Slowly but truly
Fear cripples me fully
The finesse I once housed
Has flawed my thinking
Being too strong
I lost faith
Being too tough
I forced grace
Lost my senses trying to make one
So I agree 
So foolish I have been chasing sanity

Always saw me to become this
But this my fears tried to bury
With sticks broken by stones
Now I feast over broken bones
These bones of my soul
Where I still never fully heal
From the crippling in my soul
I am loosing time
Cos I have been foolish again
Foolishly running mad 
All for sanity's sake
Asking me questions
Those only broken hearts can take

I am done with the slow and true phase
Cos I have been slow but untrue
I don't know how to be selfish
But I have been with you
Perhaps only to me
For not owning my feels
But still
My hands ain't still enough for a drive like this
So once more I must lie to me
Drop a false face you want to see
Smile, say hi, but cry for me
I don't know how to be
Cos I left all of me
At the spot we were last seen

It really is foolish to run the risk of going mad for sanity's sake
But I be mad trying to run from sanity today, yesterday, everyday
Most fascinating line is
I can't quit making this feeble heart sink
And sing psalms unsung
But all addressed to me
So alone I be lost in this crazy
I will plant me in your dreams
But reality...
Let's leave that for another broken love story.


No comments: