Day16: Warriors

WARRIORS
The pains I feel in my bones
Like arrows piecing into my skin
With each tear that fall
I pray the pain could disappear
Into tin air and never appear ever. 

Each pain killer I take
Feels like me taking something harmful to my body
I keep hearing this and that drugs cures
Then with all loyalty, I take
I take every drug
Just to feel better
Just to make the pain go away. 

There are days I wish I was never born
Days I wish I could just die
But those days never come.
Now I stopped wishing to die
I stopped wishing I was never born
I stopped wishing for the pain to go away. 

Some call it their cross to bear
But I call it my STRENGTH. 

The pain I once wished could disappear each day gave me STRENGTH
Each time I'm faced with this pain 
I face it like a warrior that I am
I refuse to be locked down by sickle cell

My tears, they remind me that there are days warriors shed tears too
Not as a sign of surrender, but as a sign of STRENGTH
As a sign of VICTORY
As a sign of survival

This pain made me
This pain I cherish
This pain changed me. 

Bamimosu Mariam

#sicklcellsmart 
#sicklecellfree 
#vision2021 
#bamimosumariam

No comments: