Tears of a concerned citizen (Ten days of March dayVII)

Okolo Collins aka Ordo is an Ambassador of the street project foundation creative Youth bootcamp 2019, a creative writer and actor with a special art with words. His pieces leaves conscious questions in the minds of readers to make them question what is, why is and how is.

I weep
Not for me or the society we live in
But for the cries and wails of the failed child

I weep
Not for the incessant darkness 
But for the light slowly fading from our eyes

I weep 
Not for the wickedness of our leaders
But the average person whose opportunity is hindered 

I weep
For the terror we live in everyday 
And the deaths we witness in shades
For the cries of help ignored by those of power
And the need of fame rising above the need to empower

Above all I weep
Not for the end of world
But the souls that won't be moved by this words

Connect with Okolo Collins on
Instagram: @_blvckie.chan

No comments: