Quiet Places (Ten days of March dayV)

In Quiet Places they spoke these words
The last thing you want to do is anger the gods 
Don't shut your eyes else the spirits will take you along
Stand up you shouldn't sit by the door
Lay by the body, you are innocent eh? We must be sure
When the bath is done, you must drink from the cup
Shave off your hair, Let us see how your body responds
Take a deep bath by the river at dawn
But wash your hand and head by the shore
While speaking words of vile onto the world
All that he owned is ours, he was our son
You must obey, to these my mother swore
I had observed my mother obey the law
And all these happened after Papa was no more

Now it is happening again
I don't play or go to school anymore
I have been asked to stay indoors
To eat from a particular pot
And drink from one cup
Not to go beyond a spot
To wash my hands now and then once more
I am afraid something bad is about to walk out that door
Who is next to lay by a body so they can be sure

How terribly can poor sensitization affect an already troubled child? #Covid19
The plight of an African wife

Connect on social media: @mercirick

No comments: