THAT ONE BIG DREAM


That one big dream that never came to be, 
that one that always came to me in my dreams, 
in my sleep, even in my sin.

Many times I watched, 
watched away all its chances of being real, 
many times I washed away all the chances of being me.

Funny as it seems, even life has its own left overs, 
every thoughts its own time savers 
and every breath its own soul takers…

As the saying goes ‘a penny for a thought’ and 
that is just how cheap I sold my faults, 
with no change in hand and no change at heart, 
so I sold away that one big dream. 
The one big dream that never came to be.

Severally, chance slapped itself in my face,
Severally I woke up to repeated days,
Severally I tried to keep up to my own pace,… 
but as it always is,
Severally, I just had to let go again and again, 
of the one big dream.
That one big dream I so desperately wanted 
and so desperately haunted?
It now wants me, now haunts me.

Because I was truly faithful in my little deeds, 
now the big dream wants me, 
because I was faithful with the little seed, 
the big dream needs me.
Now that I am made, 
now that I hold my time in my own pace, 
I look back at the big dream that never came to be, 
and I share a crazy smile because I am currently living the irony.
That big dream that never came to be?
Now that big dream wants to be me.

No comments: