The strange religion.

I will in my own capacity call this a funny-footer-header.
Funny how one moment ago just turns into ‘I wish’,
Funny how the many people you know just become ‘I knew’,
Funny how that habit of yours just transforms into ‘I used to’,
Funny, funny is life when you do not understand the concept of give and take,
Funny, funny is life when you can not discern plenty from enough,
Funny, funny is life when you can not distinguish between the use of the words ‘there and their’
It is sometimes a thing of concern when kids cough with their mouth 
open, because the adults does so too.
It is sometimes a thing of concern when kids belch so loud without
excusing themselves, because  their uncle does so too.
It is sometimes a thing of concern when kids use the swear words,
 because they believe in the strange religion called civilization*.
But blindly too,...
I remember strongly that I still do believe in shooting stars, that I still 
do believe in dreams, that I still do bank on hope.
I remember strongly that I still give out my last pure water,
 that I still do the freelance writing, that I  still discover my escapes everyday.
I remember strongly that I still spell the word relationship as 
relashunship,
 the word friends as  frieends, and the word beautiful as BEAUtifull.
I recall vividly the number of times I have been denied,
I know the many people who betrayed me,
But really I know the multitude I have ignored.
I have survived through my many mistakes, 
swam through my numerous almosts, but defeated  unnumbered defeats...
I have seen what I shouldn’t have,
 read what I didn’t have to, and saved what I couldn’t stand.
I have saved myself from nothing, I have sold my pride to lust.
I have taken one too many a shot at reality, 
I have tried the good way, 
I have smoked the papers of the richest Bibles,
 I have been the single word of relief to many,...
But I am not right and so, my work is made obsolete by the word 
righteous,
I am not right, I am  wrong, so wrongeous should do. 
I have stood and waited for the end.
I have found myself, yes I know who I am, but in spite of my rare self, 
I do not change, I do not fault in my pride. I am me. I am the strange religion.
The strange religion called Civilization.
Yours truly   
Patrick.A.Mercy 

No comments: