I MISS MY FRIEND


We always make the mistake of 
holding dearly onto 
the things we have now 
and risk forgetting what we had then, 
and sometimes we devoutly grab on to 
the things we have always had, 
neglecting what we have now.

Maybe if we had enough time
we would have had enough space
Maybe if we had enough space 
we would have had different minds
Maybe if we had enough different minds
 we would have made real friends... 
Or maybe just real enough friends.

Maybe all we ever needed 
and would always need 
Is to understand the true fact that; 
Friends never turn old, 
no matter the situation
no matter the beef.
Friends will always love you, 
even more after the heart breaks, 
Because the only way to ever erase 
that first spark is most probably 
an electric shock, lol.

But on a more serious note,
Remember the times when 
LOL still meant Lots Of Love
When one flash still meant 
thinking of you.
When BF still meant Best Friend.

Remember the times when
When we thought we did not have 
enough Megabyte to start a 
conversation on whatsapp or facebook,
When we always planned a 
grand reconciliation but the time 
was never right,
When we always felt like 
the ones offended, 
but could never point out the offence.

Remember the times 
before we forgot the freedom at heart 
and the constant craze in mind,... when we did not have that 
tight constraint in our chest.

I remember, 
yes I remember that time before I felt I needed two more hours 
added to my everyday life.
But right now I miss my friends, no
I miss my friend
remembering the times we could still 
discern Free-ends from Friends.
And you know you, 
I miss you.
Yours Truly
Patrick A. Mercy

Like our Facebook page: Mercirick Blog
Connect on Instagram: @Mercirick3
On Twitter: @Mercirick3

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so cute and spectacular.more Grace to your elbow.

IYSng said...

I miss my friends, no I miss you my friend..... .. Keep it up dear

Unknown said...

Awww it's so lovely am amazed. I see potentials develop it please

Mercy Patrick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mercy Patrick said...

With people like you, I am sure to do more to bring you back here, thanks bunches.